Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Old Friend!

I cant believe 14 years ago I was begging my mom and dad to buy me a dog. I remember like it was yesterday.  I was playing outside when I heard that our neighbors had some new puppies at their house and that they were thinking of buying one.  And since I have always LOVED animals I ran across the street to play with them the first chance I got.  That is when I beheld the most perfect dog I had ever seen, he was cute, cuddly and full of personality and I knew I had to have him!

So I talked to the owner and he agreed to let me take him home and play with him (in hopes that I would buy him).  And that is exactly what I did, I immediately took him inside the house and showed my mom, I knew she would be the one I would really have to persuade to buy me this puppy.  I marched up to her room and showed her how cute he was to which she agreed but she wasn't convinced yet that we needed a dog.  I resorted to hours and hours of begging, reasoning, bargaining and when it wasn't working I took the dog and sulked in my room. 

When it was time to take the dog back we went for one last test run in our yard.  That is when the miracle happened.....  as we were playing the dog fell into a rose bush and got a thorn.  I was too scared to get it out and as the puppy was whimpering I took him straight to my dad who pulled the sucker right out.  Now here is where the miracle happened. As payment of getting the thorn out, this puppy gave my dad the most thankful stare and followed it with a lick on the face.  After that my dad went inside the house and convinced my mom to let us buy this dog.  And my dad must have really liked him because he forked out the $500 bucks for him!  We went straight over to the man selling him and paid up for the already named "Trousers"  we loved the name and thought it had so much personality that we decided to keep him named that.

Needless to say I was ecstatic and I couldn't believe I finally had a dog, and not only that, but he was the dog of my dreams.  Even 14 years later I can still say he is the dog of my dreams and I love him so much, and while he is growing old and slowing down I will always have the wonderful memories we have shared.  I Love You Trousers, Happy Birthday!

A few days after we had him.
(Don't mind my ugly outfit, I was leaving to go on Pioneer Trek)
We always included Trousers in our family photos.


Always begging for leftover food
Trousers-Jack Russell Terrier 


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this story!!! And he was so worth the money. Nice job on the persuading of the parents :)

    ReplyDelete